Friday, February 17, 2012

They mold and hold it !!



Without the selfless dedication and hardwork of these 3 stars - this amazing production would not be possible !!!Three Cheers to the Three main pillars of V-Day Cambridge !!!


Caitlin Stewart-Swift, V-Day Cambridge, Director




I got involved in V-Day 11 years ago back in my home town in Maine.  Giving back to my community through volunteer work and activism has always been something that I’m passionate about and feel is deeply important. The mission of V-Day to end violence against girls and women locally and globally, touches my heart and soul. When I had the opportunity to get re-involved with the movement and help form V-Day Cambridge Cooperative Community, three years ago,  I leaped at the chance. I am involved in V-Day to help stop the violence, to help break the silence, to help my community locally and globally, and to get people talking about vaginas.












Catie Howell, V-Day Cambridge Stage Manager



The more I learn about the V-Day Movement, the more impressed I am with the reach of the work. Every time we do this show, we’re telling stories that otherwise wouldn’t be told. Every time a ticket is sold, or a donation is made we’re helping end the violence somewhere. That is absolutely amazing to be a part of. Also amazing is this group of women putting on this year’s show, who come from all sorts of backgrounds, who come with all their own stories, and that I have the opportunity to share this experience with.














Edward Howland, V-Day Cambridge Front of House Manager 




Teddy Howland is a two-year veteran of the Cambridge Cooperative production of the "Vagina Monologues", having served as producer and part of the front-of-house staff.  He brings over ten years of producing experience to the table, having joined his college theater group's Board of Directors as Public Relations manager in 2002.  He is very, very excited and energized to once again work with such an incredibly talented group of women on a tremendously important project.  The "Vagina Monologues" and the larger V-Day movement around the world is an extraordinary example of the power of people working together to fight the violence and abuse of women and he is honored to have a small role in it.  























No comments:

Post a Comment